1. Luke 23:34 “Father forgive them...” Forgiveness is the point of the cross - how easily do we forgive people even before they have repented? Can we forgive even when others cause us supreme pain?
2. Luke 23:43 “Today you will be with me in Paradise” Paradise is a description of a beautiful garden where we walk and talk with God - will we be there with him too? Can we forgive when others show no fruit other than a request for forgiveness?
3. John 19:25-27 “Woman here is your son...here is your mother” Are we in the church a family - are we brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers to each other? Do we arrive early and stay late at church?
4. Matthew 27:45-46 “Why have you forsaken me?” At that point when Jesus represented sin, he was abandoned by God so that we may not be.
5. John 19:28-30 “I am thirsty” Jesus took on physical discomfort that we might be comforted.
6. John 19:28-30 “It is finished” Do we live as if Christ has finished the work of salvation, or do we think that we must still work for it?
7. Luke 23:46 “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit” Have we committed our spirits to God as well?